Saturday, July 4, 2009

Too many ideas...

So, going from not enough projects (that I want to work on right now), to too many projects ...

The Tour de Fleece begins today, and I have 3 main goals:

1) Replicating the 3-ply yarn I spun from Grafton batts last year; I loved those colors so much that I got more!






2) Spinning 4 oz. of merino/tencel in Abalone from Chasing Rainbows - intention is for a 2ply lace-weight






3) Finish the remaining 7 oz. of blue fiber that I've lost the label to. I've got 1/2 a bobbin, and no idea what I was doing.







Then there is finishing at least one more pair of socks this month - 2 would be ideal. Way back in this 2007 post, I talked about discovering a sock that I think was made in 2004. Then discovering that, in the knitting of the 2nd one, I used 2 different sized needles. Well, I'm glad to say, it has become purse-knitting, and it will be done on only one magic-looped needle! Stockinette most of the way should make this one go fast. Then there are the Primavera socks and the Summer Sox, etc. And I'd also like to cast on on for Cotty, and there is a lot more sock yarn in the stash bin and how much of it can I get done before Sock Summit.....

Okay, Kathy, get off the computer, which is about to run out of battery, get into the kitchen and get those veggies prepped for a dinner at Sandi & Kaye's house tonight!

Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Saffron said...

That blue fibers looks beautiful. I'm currently spinning some merino/tencel. It's so soft!

AlisonH said...

The blue is gorgeous, and so is your purple Corriedale. There is nothing in the world quite like handspun yarn.