Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Drive-by post

Once upon a time, a gardener looked at the garden and there were no zucchini to be seen.
The next day, this monster appeared! Yes, it is 16" long.







"Alas, poor Zucchini! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite
jest, of most excellent fancy."






And this is what happened to it last night! (This pic is only 1/4 of the zucchini.)

Stuffed zucchini
(and we were stuffed...4 people, 1 zucchini; you may want to use smaller zucchini!)

Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then into manageable lengths. Scoop out the seeds. Mix any type of sausage that you have with whatever vegetables you happen to have around. Yesterday I used a couple of chopped tomatoes and an ear of fresh corn. I should have thrown in some basil but forgot. Garlic if you want, onions if you want...whatever's around! Add some breadcrumbs if you have any, and maybe a little salt & pepper. Depends on what kind of sausage you're using.

Stuff meat mixture into hollowed out zucchini pieces, put onto baking sheet or wide shallow container. Sprinkle on some parmesan cheese and bake at 350F (or so) for 45 minutes (or so) or until done.

Eat and enjoy!

Oh, there was spinning too. It wasn't originally part of the Tour de Fleece project, but when I pulled out my wheel, I had 2 partly filled bobbins of Crown Mountain Corriedale Pencil Roving in the Black Sun colorway.

I figured I'd better finish spinning it to free up the bobbins.
It turned out to be 464 yards of a worsted/heavy-worsted weight 3-ply. Fluffy and wonderful!

Back to the spinning wheel!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Super pretty yarn there! Can't wait to see what comes next.
My zucchini plants have wilted and died in the heat :~( I really wanted more Z bread, and quiche!

twistle said...

and so yummy in person!

Jasmin said...

Ok, you know where my mind automatically goes when you show a 16" zucchini.

So, I'll leave it with, "16" zucchini? Sure, that's what all the guys claim."