Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lots of stuff...

The end of the school year is in sight - we're out on Thursday! (Okay, the kids are out on Thursday and my last day is Friday.) So I'm madly trying to get things wrapped up and stuff off my desk, and books to add/delete from the library off the bookcarts...

Okay, one item finished in the last couple weeks:
The Rainbow Blocks Blanket (once again)
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy
colors: Lipstick Lava, Strange Harvest, Happy Forest, Nightwatch, Visual Purple
Size I hook (5.5 mm)
Finished size 35"x35"

This one is for one of our Latin teachers, whose baby is due any minute!

In among all those projects, I'm trying to finish a Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl from some Dream In Color Baby yarn in Pansy GoLightly (purple, of course) (pictures later) for one of our counselors who is retiring this year, and I should get one more baby blanket done before Thursday for the other counselor who is due next month!

Which basically means that I should get off the computer and keep knitting.

And A Meme:

1. What was I doing ten years ago? About the same as I'm doing today: mom, school librarian, thinking about buying our first house

2. What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
A. Take The Dork to a fencing competition
B. Loads of laundry
C. Knit / maybe finish the retirement shawl
D. Put medicated drops in The Dog's ear
E. Knit some more

3. Snacks I enjoy: anything cheesy, chips, berries/cherries

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: pay off debts, ongoing donations to several charities that we support, renovate the kitchen/add on to the house (a fiber room, maybe?), put $$ away for The Dork's college education and our eventual retirement, take care of The Parents and The In-Laws

5. Places I have lived: Norwalk CA, El Toro CA (now called Lake Forest), Los Angeles, San Jose

6. Jobs I have had: babysitter, word processor, receptionist/secretary, office manager, librarian

7. Peeps I want to know more about: anyone who wants to join in!

And I will leave you with a berry picture - the blackberries in the backyard are almost ripe!

No comments: