Monday, May 5, 2008

Actual knitting content!

See? I really have been knitting!

These are Dork's socks, started just over a week ago out of STR Lightweight, Korppi colorway - size 11 wide feet! He loves the green and purple hints in this color.










AND
I've taught Dear Hubby how to knit, for real this time!
"Don't make me look at you over my knitting!"

He bought a beautiful purple wool/mohair handspun yarn from Artemisia Ink, a local blogger/yarn artist, and he wants to make himself a garter stitch scarf. So I cast on 30 stitches for him, and away he went! [The only size 8s I had available were double- pointed, so that's what he's using, with a point protector on one end of each needle.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you DO that! Mine will proudly tell you he learned to knit when he was a kid. End of subject. (Quick, before someone challenges him on his expertise.)