Thursday, November 15, 2007

2 FOs - and now what's next?

Have you ever started a project, only to decide that there's something else you want to also work on, and oh by the way, there's that project you need to deal with too....And then you can't decide on which you want to really devote time to, so you only spend a few minutes with each, and nothing is quite right, so you start something else entirely...

Nah, never happened to me!

I did finish the Diamond Granny square blanket, and the grandma was overjoyed. Her reaction made me feel good, even though I didn't feel like I put that much effort into it. I could have gotten it done in a week, but I got bored with the basic blanket and designed it on the fly. If the idea didn't work, it got ripped.
Specs:
Diamond Granny Square Blanket (my own design - I winged it and ripped out a lot!)
Yarn: Bernat Baby Boucle in Dust of Pink, Soft Lemon, and Misty Blue
Hook size: K (6.5 mm)
Started: Nov. 2, 2007
Finished: Nov. 13, 2007

Pink Dot socks - done!
Specs:
Yarn: Claudia Handpaints Fingering weight yarn, Pink Dot colorway
Needles: size 2 (2.75 mm)
Pattern: waffle stitch, toe-up
Started: Oct. 13, 2007
Finished: Nov. 15, 2007

Therefore, I can cast on for at least a couple new things, right? Okay, what would I like to work on (never mind that I'm ignoring several WIPs that are at least 75% done)? The Juno Regina shot up to the top of my list after the Knitty surprise came out last week. Guess what - I even have the called for yarn [no, I won't admit to how much Helen's Lace (Lornas Laces) I have], but I'm going to do it in Lakeview. Must knit this NOW! Just took a picture, but I'm not going to show it to you because I noticed a glaring error in my knitting!

Then I thought I should make The Dork's fencing coach a shawl for Christmas, because she admired my Kiri that I made last spring. Gee, darn, Purlescence got some Sea Silk last week, and some fell into my knitting bag. After swatching and trying out several patterns, the Diamond Fantasy shawl rose to the top. I'm going to see how far I can get with one skein. I absolutely love how soft this yarn is, but the silk doesn't "give" the way wool does, and it's been a bit hard on my wrists. Around row 40 on this one.

Never mind that I told myself that there wasn't going to be any Christmas knitting this year.

But, but, but...
I've also been really wanting to get back to some spinning. My poor wheel [hmmm, I should name it] has been very neglected since the spring. Cuteknitter delivered my share of some fantastic Crown Mountain fiber. But I've vowed not to spin any of it until I get some existing fiber done. I'd love to show you my spinning, but Blogger is choking on loading the picture of my 3/4 full bobbin. I'm not sure what kind of fiber it is, but Sandi thinks it's BFL. All I know is that it's very soft and spins like a dream, and a beautiful silver color. I got it when I got my wheel back in January. When I've filled this bobbin, then I can spin some of the new stuff.

Thank goodness for Thanksgiving week coming up. I'm off on Wednesday-Sunday; we're not going anywhere, and I'm going to sit and knit until I can't knit any more!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you've been very productive (2 FOs) so I think you can start as many projects as you want. Yay for Thanksgiving/knitting vacation!

Anonymous said...

Did you download the Diamond Fantasy, or get it hard-copy?

Anonymous said...

It fell in your bag...yah right!!!!

Skylight Contractors Cincinnati said...

Graateful for sharing this