Summer is officially over for me...sigh! Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that school was out? What do you mean I have to return to full-time work tomorrow?!
What I did on my summer vacation:
1. Finished my Kiri shawl. Hmmm. can't find a good picture of it - maybe tomorrow...
2. I was gone this weekend to visit my family because of this new nephew addition (and his big brother and cousins, as well as Mom & Dad). Ian was the one I made the Ribbon blanket for in July.
3. Made a Diversity scarf (scroll down to the Nov. 13 entry)
Pattern: Diversity scarf (pattern available from Purlescence)
Yarn: Bazic wool
Needles: US size 9 (5.5 mm)
Begun: July 23, 2007
Finished: August 9, 2007
4. Made a Clapotis for my friend L. who loves it!
Yarn: Ritratto color #64
Needles: US size 8 (5.0 mm)
Begun: June 24, 2007
Finished: August 13, 2007
5. Started this Gemini vest in Bombyx silk (pics later).
6. And the Pretty-in-Pink tank top from "Simply Creative Crochet" (2003). Of course, mine is in purple! (pics later, too)
Went to Ashland, OR to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
Hung out a lot at Purlescence Yarns.
Worked a lot at the public library.
Read all the Harry Potter books (started and finished #7 yesterday).
Drove my son to fencing lessons 3 days/week.
Hmmm, I guess I was busier than I thought. Just think of how much I'd get done without the kids at school! Oh - there is this little thing called a paycheck...